Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dr Dog

They identify themselves as Taxi, Tables, Text, Teach and Thanks.
Taxi (Scott McMicken), Tables (Toby Leaman), Text (Zach Miller), Trouble (Juston Stens) and Thanks (Frank McElory) make up Dr. Dog, a five-member indie rock band from Philadelphia. My first taste of Dr. dog was in April 2009. I had no cue about them and the concert ticket was a birthday gift from a friend. And they took over my musical mind.

To talk about Dr. Dog, I like how the vocals blend with the music and the music blends in with the vocal. You don’t find a typical rock sound in their music; it’s mellow and energetic with good coordination of bass, rhythm and keyboard with vocal.

One of my favorite Dr. Dog tracks is “The Old Days” from their 2008 album “Fate.” Other tracks from the same album I personally like include “100 Years,” “My Old Ways,” and “The Breeze.” They’ve also done a pretty interesting, a softer version of the Architecture in Helsinki’s “Heart It Races” retaining that Dr. Dog flavor.


The band recently released their sixth album “Shame, Shame” that shares the Dr. Dog musical trademark with their previous albums. Listen to “Stranger” and “Mirror, Mirror” from their latest album.

Dr Dog - Mirror, Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment