Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Introducing: Jessie J

Jessie J, or Jessica Cornish which is her real name, is signed to Universal Republic/Island and below I'm treating you to her first UK-single 'Do it like a dude'. 

She's getting her swagger on and rocking out lyrics like:
 "I can do it like a brotha', do it like a dude, grab my crotch, wear my hat low like you..." 

over a thumbing bass heavy beat. It's in your face, it's ballsy and it's singing and it's rap. I think this is is one direction we'll see the mainstream hip-hop scene heading, and I definitely believe that this girl got what is takes to make it big.

And if you doubt this girl's vocal talent, just have a listen to her first american single 'Who you are', which is released november 16th, and was featured on the soundtrack to the movie 'Step Up 3D'.



For more on Jessie J, check out her MySpace page or her  official website.



Jessie J - Do it like a dude

No comments:

Post a Comment