Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Swedish electro: Familjen - Det var jag

This is the video for 'Det var jag'(It was me) taken from Familjen's second album 'Mänskligheten'(humanity) and is directed by Mats Udd. I think it's a rather fantastic electropop gem. Maybe their best single yet. 


The singer is comepletly covered in gold and rising from the sea and later walking through the woods. Meanwhile we get shots from a tradional swedish late summer seafood party with a couple of middle age people. The party quickly turns into a crazy fight. 


The lyrics in Swedish goes like this
"Saknar dig fast du står här mitt framför mig
svart av askan och elden som syntes mil
det var jag och jag gjorde det bara för dig
Fågel Fenix bland djuren som gav sitt liv" 



Which if you(i.e. I) translate it becomes something like this:
"Miss you even though you're standing here right in front of me,
black from the ashes and the fire that could be seen miles away, 
it was me and I did it only for you
The fenix bird among the animals gave it's life away"
I'm not even gonna try to analyze that last line, but I think the song is rather pretty and it's not hard to understand that the whole song is about reflection of life and a past relationship.



If you wanna know more about Familjen check out their MySpace or visit their website


Familjen - Det var jag

No comments:

Post a Comment