Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Repeat of the day: Jamie Woon

As is the case with my 'Repeat of the day'-theme, this is a song that I've had on repeat in my speakers today. It's rather fantastic. It's soulful and also a mix of electro and chillout, and actually reminds me of Burial's dubsteb records.
[Update:] Burial has co-produced the song, so no wonder it sounded like him. :P

Jamie Woon is a 25yo singer-songwriter from Clapton in North-East London. Jamie is ½ Scottish (Mother) and ½ Malaysian-Chinese (Father).

Jamie has had a busy year: supporting La Roux and enjoying a number of festival appearances including Rob da Bank's Bestival. Jamie Woon also  preformed backstage at Bestival for Right Guard's Off Guard Gigs sessions.

And now he's climbing the charts in the UK with 'Night Air', which I think is one of the best tunes of the year.

Jamie Woon - Night Air


'Night Air' is out on iTunes UK as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment